Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Being matched...

We were approved with Heart to Heart on October 12. On October 20, we got a call from Kim saying that Anna had narrowed down her decision to two families and that we were one of them. She wanted to have a conference call that night to ask us some more questions. I was THRILLED!!  Our call was set for 5:30 that evening.

At 5:45 I was so antsy I could hardly stand myself, when the phone rang. Kim explained that Anna was really nervous, so to be patient with her. I was so excited to talk to her. I was surprised that I wasn't more nervous. During the call, the conversation flowed so naturally that I felt like we were talking to an old friend. We talked about movies, books, vacations and jobs. She asked about Hailey. She asked what our hopes and dreams for her son were. I felt really good when we got off the phone, but tried not to get my hopes up too much.

The next afternoon, I emailed Kim to see what the timeline was like. I wanted to know when we would know one way or another. I sent the email, and went downstairs to empty the dishwasher. Kim called about 20 minutes after I sent the email. She asked how I was doing, and my heart kind of sank. I had a sinking feeling that she was about to tell me that Anna went with the other family. Then she told me that Anna had loved talking to us, and wanted to make it a match. I didn't know what to say. I wanted to scream and cry and jump up and down. I kept telling Kim that she had made my whole life!! After I got off the phone with her, I screamed!! And jumped up and down!! I'm surprised the whole neighborhood didn't hear me!!! I had to call Ryan immediately, even though I knew he would be home soon.

I couldn't stop smiling. I couldn't wait to shout it from the rooftops.

I can't wait to meet this amazing, selfless woman who is giving us one of the greatest gifts I can imagine. We are so beyond grateful to her and her courage. We continue to pray for her every night and to thank Heavenly Father for her. I can't wait to give her a huge hug and tell her how much she means to our family.

Thank you to all of you who were praying for us during this trying time in our life. We felt the prayers and they lifted us when we needed it most. We love you all and will continue to keep you updated throughout the coming weeks!!


2 comments:

  1. Birth Moms are hero's. Love. Love. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful and touching story!!! What a wonderful miracle!

    ReplyDelete